Balance -such a foreign concept

Sep 26, 2022
The rich get richer.
Maybe it's pointless. Who am I to say anything if the aim of the server is to cultivate a group of veteran players who only serve to drive away newer players with endless OP vehicles and rockets.
It is not a good sign when every day that I am in game I see someone complain about the state of affairs, but that this is the only server with people so if they want to play Dayz they have no real choice as it's " this server or nothing. That makes the server basically Walmart.

It's like the server is torn between being the last bastion of the glory days of the Dayz mod, and being something that caters to players that should be playing COD or some other simple mindless shoot and kill game. For every established player in a venom or chukar saying "what you still role play like you're in a zombie apocalypse game?", there are 10 players that come in saying they haven't played in 5-10 years and are so happy to be playing. That sentiment never lasts long because unlike the game that they remember, this has players with magical missiles. Instead of pandering to the simple griefers, I wish the last decent Dayz server would act like the last decent Dayz server.

If the established players with all their toys and elite OP vehicles are paying the server bills then I understand. If they are not, well, the server is missing out on a lot of funding potential purely because of the OP vehicle people ruining it for most newcomers. You'd retain a more full dynamic player base if there were some semblance of balance.

Mar 29, 2019
There are servers like you want, but they are all empty. Explains it all. Also if its "elite op vehicle" -> go drive / fly it and kill people, i bet you would be killed by some cheap vehicle in matter of 5min max.

Also by looking at your gameplay, you should go on PVE server (there is still some minimal pvp there) but you mostly do what you doing on Genesis atm (farm beans, dmrs, and sit in tree).

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2022
There are servers like you want, but they are all empty. Explains it all. Also if its "elite op vehicle" -> go drive / fly it and kill people, i bet you would be killed by some cheap vehicle in matter of 5min max.

Also by looking at your gameplay, you should go on PVE server (there is still some minimal pvp there) but you mostly do what you doing on Genesis atm (farm beans, dmrs, and sit in tree).
Attacking me and not debating my issue really just voids anything you have to say as garbage. I want to be on a PVP server, but a DayZ mod based one. To fight you on equal terms I need to use an attack helicopter. I could easily just say that looking at your gameplay you don't belong on a Dayz server at all. In fact it is entirely stupid that you are on there at all. There is this thing called Arma, without a Dayz mod.
So many people all the time are coming on the server and saying how they are happy there is still a decently populated DayZ server. Most like myself state had not played the game in 10 years or so. Running a server of a mod this old is for nostalgia purposes, so what the hell are you here for? It is a zombie apocalypse mod, so if you don't care about the essence and spirit of the mod at all, should we conclude that the people that play unmoded Arma are too good for you and kick your ass? Did you not make it far playing COD? Is this an example of overcompensation with missiles for somewhere else you fall short?
If you want to attack me "Splash", I expect more. You're soft.

Mar 29, 2019
Server population says it all, servers like you want are ALL empty and this isnt. Keep tilting, crying and thinking you are smart, while ignoring stats / numbers of the game.

Also i called you to 1v1 in ground vehicles too but you just kept talking random stuff again. We can 1v1 on foot too and i bet ill clap you 9/10 times too. Face it, you are just bad at the game and find problems all around you, while you are your own worst problem.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2022
After I played on this server for a few weeks, I want to say something about it.

1.) The server population
The server has 2 types of players. The veteran players and newer players with nostalgia, who only join this server because there are already a few players online.
But the new players are gone quite quickly. My motivation also tanked alot.
Right now this server only lives from this cycle, where new players only join because there are already some on here (the veterans and a few other new ones), but they quickly learn that this is hardly fun here.
You have to differentiate, so join the new ones not because the server is so good, but because it's the only one that shows players in their server list.

2.) OP Vehicles
I have no problems with them, but some use them in a way that really only hurts the server and just teaches the new players that this isn't going to be fun when they keep playing on here.
Some people just sit in their attack choppers, at a height or distance where you can't even see or hear them, and fire their air-to-ground guided missiles at the unarmed vehicles of newer players trying to farm. You just hear a sshhhhh... BOOOM, without counterplay.
I also met Splash once at NW Airfield when I was going there in an unarmed truck. He came towards me with an armed vehicle and killed me.
But I have to say Splash is more of a nice kind, he didn't destroyed my vehicle and just shot me out of it and left the loot.
Why this matters I explain when it comes to economy.

3.) Economy
The true reason why this server is unfun for the most newer players and my motivation also tanked alot. The first sentence of this thread said it perfectly.
As a newer player, it's nearly impossible to get that far like the veterans are.
Each destroyed vehicle matters to us. That's why this shhhhh... BOOOM thing is so frustrating. You can check the playerlist if someone with an attack chopper is online. And when someone with an attack chopper is online, don't use something that shows up on a radar. So you can nearly do nothing, while these guys are online. And there is always someone of the veterans online who could have an attack chopper.
It's also hard to do missions, 100% of the time someone is already there with an heavily armed vehicle and just shots you into oblivion.
Sure I could buy me with ALL my gold a tank, but if the tank gets destroyed, I lose everything. If I destroy their tanks, they just put out or buy another one with their >50 Rubys.
And if you have finally enough gold for an attack chopper for example, you need luck to not get killed at the bunker for example to buy one.

Mar 29, 2019
1.) It was always like that on Genesis, same as on most of games too, especially old ones, most percentage of players are either very good or very bad, and some are mid.

2.) When you learn to fight in vehicles or atleast against them, you will realise there isnt really such a things as you call "OP vehicle". Buy a lada zu for 8bc you can kill a 140 bc heli easy if you have some patience and atleast a 4/10 aim. Chukars are easy to fly too and easy to kill all attack helis except the viper, if nothing else, and you are neither patient or have a good aim, buy avenger for 45/55/60 bc and lock on heli shoot 8 stingers in him and you kill him. I can give you so many more / easy ways to kill a expensive / rare helis.

3.) Buy a 3/4 bc pook and farm missions with it and get rich (its best noob friendly heli to fly, you need close to 0 skill to learn and fly it and kill mission bots), do treasure missions (1-4 ruby for few minutes of work), do abandon safe missions, farm ores ... money is super easy to get when you actually try and figure out the game / server and how it works.

Jun 18, 2020
1.) It was always like that on Genesis, same as on most of games too, especially old ones, most percentage of players are either very good or very bad, and some are mid.

2.) When you learn to fight in vehicles or atleast against them, you will realise there isnt really such a things as you call "OP vehicle". Buy a lada zu for 8bc you can kill a 140 bc heli easy if you have some patience and atleast a 4/10 aim. Chukars are easy to fly too and easy to kill all attack helis except the viper, if nothing else, and you are neither patient or have a good aim, buy avenger for 45/55/60 bc and lock on heli shoot 8 stingers in him and you kill him. I can give you so many more / easy ways to kill a expensive / rare helis.

3.) Buy a 3/4 bc pook and farm missions with it and get rich (its best noob friendly heli to fly, you need close to 0 skill to learn and fly it and kill mission bots), do treasure missions (1-4 ruby for few minutes of work), do abandon safe missions, farm ores ... money is super easy to get when you actually try and figure out the game / server and how it works.
STOP MAKING FUN OF MY POOK, but yeah for real just use the pook. The server actually becomes playable afterwards. Get good in a vehicle, if you don't want to play vehicles, go play rust. Honestly the only thing that makes this version of arma better than standalone or rust is the op vehicles. Is it aids that their isn't a height limit? Yes. Should using rocket helis at skal be banned? Yes. Should they get rid of rocket helis? No. Like splash said there are many ways to counter these ppl, sometimes there isn't and it sucks.

Mar 23, 2021
I feel like the time before the 1.0.7 patch hit was the best.
- M134 Pooks
- No rocket helis except Mi rockets. (only way you could get a wildcat was from missions)
- It was a bit harder to earn money before, now you can sell building materials
- Old group system (Dont get me wrong, new one is good but it would be nice to make alliances and to have temporary invites).

So what should we change? Idk to be honest just lower the value of all building materials with 70% so it actually hurts to loose a BTR-90 etc. Rework quest system so you dont need to destroy 3lav in one restart. And who on earth would pay 125GPS for one armed heli? Maybe add so you can buy humanity for GP. 1GP = 10k hum?

Mar 27, 2020
After I played on this server for a few weeks, I want to say something about it.

1.) The server population
The server has 2 types of players. The veteran players and newer players with nostalgia, who only join this server because there are already a few players online.
But the new players are gone quite quickly. My motivation also tanked alot.
Right now this server only lives from this cycle, where new players only join because there are already some on here (the veterans and a few other new ones), but they quickly learn that this is hardly fun here.
You have to differentiate, so join the new ones not because the server is so good, but because it's the only one that shows players in their server list.

2.) OP Vehicles
I have no problems with them, but some use them in a way that really only hurts the server and just teaches the new players that this isn't going to be fun when they keep playing on here.
Some people just sit in their attack choppers, at a height or distance where you can't even see or hear them, and fire their air-to-ground guided missiles at the unarmed vehicles of newer players trying to farm. You just hear a sshhhhh... BOOOM, without counterplay.
I also met Splash once at NW Airfield when I was going there in an unarmed truck. He came towards me with an armed vehicle and killed me.
But I have to say Splash is more of a nice kind, he didn't destroyed my vehicle and just shot me out of it and left the loot.
Why this matters I explain when it comes to economy.

3.) Economy
The true reason why this server is unfun for the most newer players and my motivation also tanked alot. The first sentence of this thread said it perfectly.
As a newer player, it's nearly impossible to get that far like the veterans are.
Each destroyed vehicle matters to us. That's why this shhhhh... BOOOM thing is so frustrating. You can check the playerlist if someone with an attack chopper is online. And when someone with an attack chopper is online, don't use something that shows up on a radar. So you can nearly do nothing, while these guys are online. And there is always someone of the veterans online who could have an attack chopper.
It's also hard to do missions, 100% of the time someone is already there with an heavily armed vehicle and just shots you into oblivion.
Sure I could buy me with ALL my gold a tank, but if the tank gets destroyed, I lose everything. If I destroy their tanks, they just put out or buy another one with their >50 Rubys.
And if you have finally enough gold for an attack chopper for example, you need luck to not get killed at the bunker for example to buy one.

Bro I started here same as you as a player with nothing getting bombed same as you, I didnt come here and whine, I kept trying and figured out how to blow up the "OP" vehicles. I would fish for hours to buy a linebacker only to have splash or zj kill it from a mile away and back to fishing I went. It takes time to learn and those of us who took tht time to learn become "rich" shouldn't be punished for your lack of ability to do the same. Making money is easy once you figure it out.

Mar 27, 2020
I also played when Standard was using armed jet to single handedly kill entire server, he would follow me around to every spawn to kill me till I had no spawns left XD

Jun 24, 2019
i also recommend grouping with some people, solo all what you can really do is camp rearms with some ZSU and be lucky.
Even if you shoot down some rocket heli with m6 or avenger he will land it probably, and another 3 supporting venoms/chinooks will fuck you in the ass.

Jun 1, 2023
You are so right but the veterans here will defend their way no matter what. The server is indeed frustrating and most new players leave after getting blown up couple times. Server does need balancing rework the economy to encourage friendliness. Too bad the vereran players think too highly of themselves and fail to realise that once new players stop joining they won't have who to blow up. Sucks...but since money talks and admins are scared to change anything i don't think any chsnge will occur.

Nov 20, 2022
As a person who just started again just over a week ago, ive accumulated a lot of building materials and weapons.

Tbh it sounds like a skill issue to me. Humanity is a big factor for more frequent players as it allows them to spawn with better loadouts. its a extra grind and if you're willing to put in the work it pays off. I play solo

Nov 20, 2022
You're arguing that the humanity system preserves server population but I gave a reason to quit because of it so your point kind of cancels out.
You're a rich player, why do you need to spawn with better weapons than a noob? it only makes it more unbalanced. Acting as if its an mmorpg where you level up and get perks when its simply not that.
Humanity loadouts is a reward system for playing on the server frequently. The more you play the higher (or lower) your humanity will go. New players are always going to be at a disadvantage to players who have been playing regularly since wipe and that's for every Dayz server to ever exist but that shouldn't be construed into that the humanity system is bad. Players who play more and consistently should be rewarded and have better odds than those who don't. At the end of the day its these players that keep the server going & populated.

Nov 20, 2022
I quite like how the server has the vehicle aspect. The "Semi-Military" in the title made me want to actually play on the server. It adds a more intense playing style that's not suited for everyone. You cant please everyone on what they want unfortunately I'm sure some members would see this completely opposite that no vehicles would be to stale and to slow paced to be enjoyable for them. In regards to the loadouts though I feel those are completely justified on what they offer and for what is needed to achieve them. I played servers in the past where players could Pay to play loadouts without the grind. Thankfully bohemia exterminated in-game perk purchases a few years back.

I agree to disagree on this one though its more personal preference than anything else :)

Jun 18, 2020
ok bro, if you truly are a new player who plays solo you will gradually agree with me more and more. A matter of time really.
Either that or you're masochistic as fuck who enjoys riding a bicycle. Talk to me after you get bombed from 1.4km away from someone you can't even see or hear
Sucks to suck, maybe get some friends

Dec 4, 2022
The humanity system sucks too,
it only motivates the cool kids to farm new players in Balota for humanity, and in return, they get rewarded with better loadout gear and transportation. Trash server.
The server wiped on 7th of October and by the 10th of October, there were at least 9 huge sniper bases everywhere important to snipe noobs.
Bunch of meatriding owners. Ruined the last server.
The humanity system is good. It's a reward for long time players and it offers no pay to win aspect. Just play and reward yourself.
Yep, it wiped on 7th October, but not this year. It was with the last DayZ Epoch Mod Update I believe.

And with all the Low/High Humanity Players out there, you can get an easy kickstart, just kill someone of them. So it really sounds like a skill issue to me.

Jun 18, 2020
1. Long-time players with safes full of weapons do not need more "rewards" and weapons as they can rearm in their base.
2. I played Epoch long before this was even a thing and people enjoyed it just the same.
3. It only makes the gap between new players and established ones bigger
4. Freshies are being farmed for humanity - something that would happen much less frequently if it didn't exist.

I'm currently playing on WinterGaming and I'm enjoying it far more. It has this humanity system too but the gaps between the levels are dramatically lower than Genesis making it somewhat slightly better.

I invite you to come too if you ever get sick of fighting one dork in his expensive heli for a full restart.
If you want I can come on winter gaming and do the same thing to you.