Day/Night

Jul 9, 2019
Hi

Possible to get day night cycle?

Option 1: Every 2nd restart is night....(voters can vote for day if they want day again)
Option2: Speed up time....1.5 hours day, 1.5 hours night. Restart begin where it ended (total of 3 hours day/nigh day straight)

And suggest to remove NVG from traders to buy.....players need to find it....

Make a vote poll if u can maby?

Thanks
Dr

Sep 18, 2018
I've ask about this before and they said that is why there is a voting system. They also said it would drive some players away from the server. I would love to have a day/night cycle. I have found another server that has one every restart.....2 hour restarts 1 1/2 day, then 30 minute dust, then night and the next restart starts 1 1/2 night, 30 minute dusk, then 30 minute day and the cycle keeps going.

Sep 18, 2018
If it worked that way, but all the day/night servers I have seen have been good. Night time changes the whole game up.

Goose

Epoch Admin
Admin
Developer
Jul 30, 2019
There are players that like night, and players that dont. If the server got set to night cycle or whatever, people would just leave the server during the night and complain saying its "not fair for new players who dont have NVGs make it day pls admin". Most Servers are static time for this reason, and personally, night time doesnt suit a militarised server as much as it does a regular epoch server.

Sep 18, 2018
There are players that like night, and players that dont. If the server got set to night cycle or whatever, people would just leave the server during the night and complain saying its "not fair for new players who dont have NVGs make it day pls admin". Most Servers are static time for this reason, and personally, night time doesnt suit a militarised server as much as it does a regular epoch server.
I disagree with you on this. When I first started playing dayz I was on a server that had a day/night cycle and it was always full.....even during the night cycle. But that was a few years back and it seems like all we have now are people that are scared of it. 24/7 day gets boring.

Jul 9, 2019
they can loot nvgs during day time like me, i have like 15x......and/or if u make it expensive to buy..they can buy it....

Unath

Epoch Manager
Manager
Dec 10, 2018
This is a discussion on all servers, and when people finally get night time at certain restart times it clearly shows in stats that those times lack way more players than when it's day time.

People simply don't like nighttime for a longer period of time, which is why the voting system is there for those few times it might be fun.

I highly doubt we will add nighttime as a schedule, but we might revamp the voting system if neccesarry to make it easier to win a vote as there is rarely enough players that cast votes.

Sep 18, 2018
Bah humbug, never had a problem with night and people not playing at night in the older server I played in. But I guess we are dealing with people hat still need nightlights to sleep.

Aug 15, 2019
To me the same, I doubt people gonna leave the server at night time. 2 hours day, half hour dawn and half hour night would be nice. Btw night time 'd be good for e.g. new players that can hide in the dark to roam around, build or whatever. Also you dont really need nvg we all know about the gamma.
At least change the voting system. During the 5 month I played on this server there was only one night time. Is it that you need 100% of voters?

But at the end of the day Im gonna respect the admins decision as I find it great what they are doing here :)

Sep 4, 2019
If I can suggest something, set the night time on 1 or 2 restarts during night in Central European Time when the amount of players is low and drop to 10-20 ppl. I think it wont affect significantly the amount of players during those restarts and also it will balance a gameplay a little, because during those restarts it is easier to make money (not so many ppl around) so making them night time will compensate for this.

Goose

Epoch Admin
Admin
Developer
Jul 30, 2019
A reason why i dont think night is as practical for new players as people might think is, most of the high end armed vehcs have NV, and thermal anyways, granted solo helicopters dont, but the gamma trick lets them see alot anyways. I am unsure on *exactly* how the vote system works, but i believe it has to be majority for X vote, with more than Y% of the server population for the vote to be considered by the script.
The idea of night time being at the early hours on Euro time is a good one to consider, and it would definately change it up a bit. Perhaps even a random chance for it to be night at the early hours ;)