Fair to all

Jan 7, 2021
Hello everyone
We had a situation that night that gave us a lot to think about...
Why is it possible that someone can have a 2nd account on the server?
In addition, certain 2nd accounts are still in a group according to the group system.
It leads to absolute unfairness and should actually not be possible.
I want to create this discussion and please let me know what you think and what do you think about not being allowed to change the name anymore.

Jan 3, 2021
I agree second accounts should be banned, you banned using VPNs but not second accounts, name changes should also be included (yes I am GUILTY of this), and all these big groups have so many bases to control most of the map making new players leave.

Aug 30, 2018
stop crying kids, nobody is even abusing it to a high level, most people who have them like to be heroes and bandits sometimes and don't want to commit to only one, and you guys crying cuz you losing humanity when killing them on hero account...get over it

Jan 3, 2021
stop crying kids, nobody is even abusing it to a high level, most people who have them like to be heroes and bandits sometimes and don't want to commit to only one, and you guys crying cuz you losing humanity when killing them on hero account...get over it
Fair point ZJ if that's all they are using a second account for. OMG did I just say that????

Mar 7, 2021
yes 100% nobody should be able to change names, so that we can just camp their base with satchels the whole day.

dayz is supposed to be a difficult pvp expirience, not just checking the name list and knowing exactly what to expect.

the europa server even disabled side chat, now thats hardcore

BuFFed

Owner
Owner
Apr 25, 2018
Miss already posted the link to the previous post regarding nickname changes:

Hi people,

I will hereby close this thread and deny this suggestion. It is basically way too much work to prohibit changing nicknames. Players are free to use which names they want.
Implementing a rule like this would near be impossible to maintain, it just requires too much constant checking. And if player would get banned for this they would just switch to a new name, do their business, log out and switch back to their normal name while an Admin is not watching.

You can also use Battlemetrics Free to look a bit deeper into peoples names with play time and when they were online;
MisterGenesis - Sessions - BattleMetrics (Example)

Greetings,
Genesis Management Team

Dec 25, 2021
I generally think on this server, new players would only log on, play for a couple of hours, and then get killed in a way that's against the rules and then quit. Server's loosing out on a lot of new players. Could be number 1 if the admins would take the time to look through the logs, especially of the players that reapeatedly abuse the rules, because it really is only a few on the server who constalty do it.

Oct 7, 2019
First Suggestion in the discord channel was actually to ban 2 accounts. it was propably by far the suggestion with the most votes on it, and it was a close one. but in the end more people voted for a ban of 2 accounts. (it was around 50 votes on each side btw.)

still nothing was being done about it, situation today is that you are not allowed to own anything with your 2 account, you cant have anything in your virtual garage and cant be in a group.
but even if so, no one is checking that.

Dill is actually using 2 accounts for years now, but im sure he never placed a plot with his 2 acc or has his virtual garage filled with vehicles.
Dill https://www.battlemetrics.com/players/369663483
Dill Alt Acc https://www.battlemetrics.com/players/38634924

same with electronic who was, when the group system changes came, in both of the russians groups and had access to everything and was able to be in the main group and see everyone on the map, which was a huge advantage at that time.
and only action which was taken when i reported it was to wipe his vg on his 2 acc and said it is fine because he doesnt own a plot.

so there is absolutely no clear rules about the use of 2 accounts and players will abuse it as they want to, and i have no hope for changes about it, if the admin team didnt even do anything when there was such a huge voting on it back in the days. specially in 2022 :D

Goose

Epoch Admin
Admin
Developer
Jul 30, 2019
Not allowing name changes: What? As said there is absolutely no way we could enforce that, players should be free to change their name.
2 Accounts: I Have Always been for multiple accounts, I have 3 Myself, though I only use one. Of course though, I can understand clear & disruptive abuse of multiple accounts being an issue.

On top of this, from a Development perspective, while Yes, Technically this is possible. But possible does not mean practical. The amount of effort and work that would be required to implement blocks on multiple accounts being abused is not worth the benefit of blocking a handful of potential offenders, and the implementation goes a significant way beyond just Arma Scripting.

There is no real set guidance on multiple accounts, what they can/cant do, both to the entire playerbase, and the Staff Team, so perhaps there is room from improvement, on both sides:

A Clear Rule(s) on Multiple Accounts for players to familiarise themselves with, as well as guidance for the Staff Team on how to handle violations of these rules. But also guidance on how other players should go about reporting abuse of second accounts to help us out. Just sending us battlemetrics links does not do much for us, we can see when players have multiple accounts, in fact its quite hard to miss it should we visit your profile. Rather than just sending us links, submit some sort of reasonable grounds for us to go off, for example (New Player has been on the server 2 Days and keeps pulling [insert-high-end-vehicle-here] out of his virtual garage at this new massive base [ at this location], he should not be able to access/buy these vehicles nor have a base that big) - you get the idea. This is not a dig at you guys' reports, but a little bit of information can go a long way in helping us do our bit.

Regards, Goose

Mr. Nice Guy

Well-Known User
May 11, 2018
You set up a group system, thats based on more people = more bases.. Allowing 2nd accounts is a straight up abuse of those "rules" put on the group system. It wouldnt take more than 10 mins of admin to ban current 2nd accounts..