Armored boats

Feb 17, 2019
In my opinion it would be awesome if in next updates of our server there can be added new armored boats. We have only RHIB, for now. It's sad that We have only one type of armored boats, however on the Ground and Air we have a lot of armored vehicles and helis(planes) except the Sea.
So, my question is: Is it possible to add armored boats of course if they exist in original Arma 2 (or addon Operation Arrowhead)
For instance, I played in one server(half military, not like ours) several years ago and in boat trader you could buy motor boat with m134(Gatling gun) , RHIB and something else. Sorry, can't remember more.

+ As I think, there can be a lot of sea battles, new tactics for battle groups while they will do Skalisty and new ideas for events from our players.

Sincerely,
Player Phantom

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2019
we cant get new vehicles without changing the mod itself.

Ships and boats | Arma 2 Official Website

adding weapons to existing boats could be possible, but i dont think this will get used much
It's sad..

Yeah, but when there won't be allowed to use vehicles like aavp to make skalisty AI mission people will start use boats a lot and will fight against each other. Maybe they will use amphibian vehicles to cover their teammates. In tactical strategy armored boats with mk19(for instance, if it is possible to add that type of weapon to existing boats) will help battlegroups much.

It's just an idea, i just hope that in future server will make something interesting with boats(as you said:" add weapons to existing boats"

BuFFed

Owner
Owner
Apr 25, 2018
it's allowed for now, but there were info that with the next updates you will change that and there will be the only one possibility- to make mission on foot(main castle)
this is not true, its just not possible anymore to drive with any kind of vehicle inside the castle.