Votes: 7 28.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 72.0%

• Total voters

Merlijn

Retired Owner
Retired
Apr 28, 2018
As there is still a long debate whether to allow or not allow elevators / drawbridges we thought to ask the community.
Please vote. If you decide to vote yes we'd appreciate if you'd substantiate your choice.

Possible effects:
- Lower server economy
- More base battles
- Players who don't know how to build a safe base without a drawbridge / elevator will be very sad.

Apr 26, 2018
When we disallow drawbridges all players will have to think about making base safe on their own. That is good, but it will probably end up in everyone spamming doorways. There are different ways to keep your base safe, you just have to use your brain.
Overall I think its the right way.

Since buffed talked about changing the dropchances to 0.5%:
What dropchance (%) do we have right now? In Convoys/Skalisty/AI Outposts and normal spawns?

BuFFed

Owner
Owner
Apr 25, 2018
There is no real dropchance in Arma, for Skalisty for example we have loottables and the script calls the loottable for a setable ammount of times, its set to 3, and the loottable got ruby,hotwirekit and bible in it, everytime the script calls the loottable it choose one random item out of the loottable so you could say at skalisty you got 33% of each ruby, hotwirekit and bible to be in the crate, if you are lucky you can get 3 hotwires or 3 rubys

BuFFed

Owner
Owner
Apr 25, 2018
Thats what i said, its nearly impossible cause we have to add more shit items then, and you should get rewarded for the ammount of time that you need to clear for example skalisty, thats why i dont support this change

May 11, 2018
Here is what i think should happend to make it kind of good for both sides both yes and no. Make drawbridges still be a thing but make it so you can also hotwire them. That way you CAN crack if you dont wanna use hotwires but you also have the oppertunity to hotwire.

I like it as it is but to meet at a middle point i think that would be good

IF NOT make hotwires atleast only drop from Skalisty in very very rare. That way you can still feel like your safes are safe.

-=FausT=-

Retired Manager
Retired
Apr 26, 2018
Well to me It should take some effort to raid if your going to take gear and money from a player which represents months if not more of hard work in attainment. An hour per door to crack is really nothing especially if you have more people to help in your group. If anything maybe it should take considerably longer. And I think when we hand out startkits new players should be made aware of raid vulnerabilities and how to make a bridge / elevator to protect themselves. I think we loose quite a few new players because they do not clearly understand hotwires and the risk of having high value safes just sitting on ground level. Maybe we should even have a tutorial on the website as to how to protect your base and valuables.

Jax

Retired Manager
Retired
Apr 26, 2018
I voted No. Only for the sake of population. There are large groups on this server that can go through multiple bases a week and when players (especially newer players) get hit hard they often quit the server. I do kinda like the idea of the hotwire option though.

-I posted my opinion/vote anyways because I'm a fan of transparency

May 11, 2018
I like the idea of being able to hotwire the doors, maybe make it so you can only have a certain amount of drawbridges so ppl will not make a stupid amount of them so you have to waste a shit ton of hotwire kits

Apr 26, 2018
I thought about limiting the amount of drawbridges as well. To people who said cracking doors ist a reliable option, most people play in here fun, cracking doors is pure timewaste, since you can just place multiple drawbridges and you never know whats behind.
The time which is needed is just not worth it.

May 11, 2018
Should have been a rare tool "AutoCracker", that cracked like the codes from for example "0-50" or "0-100", so instead of wasting hours on cracking you can do a mission and get the tool :p
-maybe not as rare as the hotwire kit

Mr. Nice Guy

Well-Known User
May 11, 2018
The way I see it, we should keep it as it is currently. Making a change to it, like the talk about lowering building parts, means that people needs to build a whole new base. At that point, you might as well wipe it and people can start figure out how to make their base more safe. Doing it "midseason" is only gonna make the already player base crying and moaning etc.

Instead, either hotwire doors, or make it so you can crack codes like before (dunno if thats possible). Currently you can crack 1 code every 5 sec. And only 1 guy can do it. if theres people nearby, you cant crack it. So make more people able to do it at the same time, or hotwire. :)

Merlijn

Retired Owner
Retired
Apr 28, 2018
Should have been a rare tool "AutoCracker", that cracked like the codes from for example "0-50" or "0-100", so instead of wasting hours on cracking you can do a mission and get the tool :p
-maybe not as rare as the hotwire kit
You can crack a door within 35 min. I removed the 5 second restriction long ago, should work fine.

-=FausT=-

Retired Manager
Retired
Apr 26, 2018
So how long does it actually take to crack a door? I heard an hour. But if it is 30min then it makes my earlier point all the more valid. If you turn doors to be hotwired within 2 weeks you will have 3 large groups with every rubie on the server. They will raid 10 bases a night and suck up every ounce of loot. And ppl working in 2s and solo will have nothing and likely leave the server. Hotwiring doors is going to make economic distribution worse not better. (Rich get richer) I almost think hotwires should be made only 5% effective in this case.

Slow n steady eco growth keeps a more level playing field for a longer duration of time whilst simultaneously addressing the number of parts on the server or helping to limit them and extending the time to when a wipe is needed.

-=FausT=-

Retired Manager
Retired
Apr 26, 2018
Wow ok.. But still think for what you stand to gain.. 1.5hrs per door still seems like nothing if you compare the hours of work that went into the loot your about to acquire. When I was raided 5 times a week at my lil shed before the wipe. I was cleaned out each time and I had one elevator. Ive never put in that many hours on a server anywhere and stayed so broke. It was ridiculous but some big group with 20 hotwires would clean me out weekly or every other week at the very least.

May 11, 2018
Voted no. I would remove hotwire safe all together. I prefer fight when you online and not getting to empty safes because you was raided by a larger group when you was off couple of days.

Jun 4, 2018
Drawbridge's make base raiding so less fun.. people can hide there best stuff in the virtual garage I really don' like this about the server new players just waiting to get raided..