Vote for or against a "Line of sight" rule for all AI Outposts

A rule has been proposed to add a "No line of sight from base" for all AI outposts.

• Yes

Votes: 31 68.9%
  • No

Votes: 14 31.1%

• Total voters

-=FausT=-

Retired Manager
Retired
Apr 26, 2018
VOTE: A rule is being proposed to disallow line of sight bases for all AI outposts including Skalisky Island.

Oct 19, 2018
Voted for yes.You can,t defend yourself against base when swimming from/to skalisty because of "base attack rule" only thing you have to do is just look how javelin locking you from base and die
You can find another way, dont use the BMP to buged in skalisty :)

Feb 16, 2019
Voted for NO.

First of all,I have not seen anyone in lots of time actively camping Skalisty or AI outposts from any base around these AI static points, for a lot of time. They're used as a conveniant place to build at, close to a ressource point, in order to gather ressources and not to be forced to do 10km with a vehicle or at foot, boat, full with Skalisty loots or some other things.
This is a strategical objective gameplay in here, we have people fighting on pvp, ressource war, including raiding and things, and people fight over the placements on strategical points around the map, people keep looking daily around spots to check if bases dissappear and quickly put their own plot there, to me, that's part of the gameplay to fight over strategical points, as some admin said, "people dedicate lot of time finding ressources, including stuff, weapons, rubies, vehicles, building bases" so to me, people dedicating lot of time in a game have more advantages than casual people, that's the effort/reward ratio.

People who currently own these spots fighted for them, looking everyday if spots were available, and they were at a point.

So having strategic point around the map is worth being kept in here.

Oct 16, 2018
Voted for NO.

First of all,I have not seen anyone in lots of time actively camping Skalisty or AI outposts from any base around these AI static points, for a lot of time. They're used as a conveniant place to build at, close to a ressource point, in order to gather ressources and not to be forced to do 10km with a vehicle or at foot, boat, full with Skalisty loots or some other things.
This is a strategical objective gameplay in here, we have people fighting on pvp, ressource war, including raiding and things, and people fight over the placements on strategical points around the map, people keep looking daily around spots to check if bases dissappear and quickly put their own plot there, to me, that's part of the gameplay to fight over strategical points, as some admin said, "people dedicate lot of time finding ressources, including stuff, weapons, rubies, vehicles, building bases" so to me, people dedicating lot of time in a game have more advantages than casual people, that's the effort/reward ratio.

People who currently own these spots fighted for them, looking everyday if spots were available, and they were at a point.

So having strategic point around the map is worth being kept in here.
Thats Bullshit
Then u can give Cherno , Elektro , Balota and Berenzino free. U guys just claiming that loot for urself and u shot from ur base everybody else whos doing Skalisky.For example Javlin on Jetski.... Everybody else have to fly up to 10 km and take the Risk to get shot with Skalisky Loot. So u are something better then everybody else? By the way u are bug using everytime u bug into Skalisky Fortress with ur BMP. Do that like u have to do. There is a reason why the Entrance is Blocked for Vehicles. U guys just want the best for urself and not what´s the best for the whole gameplay and for a balanced gameplay. What u do is cheating u take the best place for the best loot and then u have the cojones to bug into the base and even dont try it the normal way. Thats the reason why u guys can burn rocket MI´s in a row. Thats not skill and its not fair against everybody else on the server. And last but not least u guys specify when u kill one guy 5 times in a row with rocket mi on a motorcycle. :eek:o_O

-=FausT=-

Retired Manager
Retired
Apr 26, 2018
Howdy Guyz..

Well it looks like we are getting some good feedback on how the community feels about this subject... Thanks for taking the time to express your opinions here. This is the entire purpous of the process.. And to be clear I really have no dog in this fight other then things being fair and promoting balanced game play. Of course keeping in mind it is a Zombie Apocalypse and chaos is going to be a component.

To Instinks point.. Mabye you have not seen many people camping from this position.. but Im sure you have not spent any considerable time monitoring this. And speaking as someone that has..... it is slowly becoming an issue of sorts. Oddly.. and for some considerable time people did not build on the hill quite so much to overlook the Island. And the one's that were there were not so aggressive in camping.. But that has changed.

There are two issues at hand 1. Is it fair that someone sit in there base and knock down most of the AIs from a vast distance / and possible competition on the island. And 2. Is it fair that after spending all of the time and effort required to do 'The island" or any AI outpost.. that somoene just pick you off from their base.. and take the battle spoils for themselves?

And hats off to Ivan who can see beyond his own benefit =)

The poll will run a week or so.. and there is another one running in the admin area to see what staff thinks as well.. Then we will try to make a fair decision based on the results overall.

Thanks again Guyz!

Sep 18, 2018
Why dont you take away most of the vehicles and only have Blackhawks and armed SUV's as the best vehicles. It sucks driving around and a mi rocketship comes and blow you to bits or a bmp 90 with tws kill you from far away.

Can we get a day/night cycle why were at it. 1 restart day and the next night. 24/7 day gets boring sometimes and night time changes it up big time!

I do agree that it would suck to complete one of these mission and get shot, but that's part of the game. People already have to maintain their base and safes twice a week. If someone is dedicated to do that, then they deserve to have a base wherever they want it. Not only does it take time, but they also gave to have the money in game to do it.

May 11, 2018
Why dont you take away most of the vehicles and only have Blackhawks and armed SUV's as the best vehicles. It sucks driving around and a mi rocketship comes and blow you to bits or a bmp 90 with tws kill you from far away.

Can we get a day/night cycle why were at it. 1 restart day and the next night. 24/7 day gets boring sometimes and night time changes it up big time!

I do agree that it would suck to complete one of these mission and get shot, but that's part of the game. People already have to maintain their base and safes twice a week. If someone is dedicated to do that, then they deserve to have a base wherever they want it. Not only does it take time, but they also gave to have the money in game to do it.
Why don,t you go and play on other vanilla server instead of ruining other people fun experience?if you like driving suvs and camp with DMRs on top of balota fire station it doesnt mean that other people want it,if owners gonna keep removing fun vehicles for which THERE IS POINT to farm money,fight and raid bases i will just quit same day.Its like going back to play on console after playing on PC for 10 years

Sep 18, 2018
Why don,t you go and play on other vanilla server instead of ruining other people fun experience?if you like driving suvs and camp with DMRs on top of balota fire station it doesnt mean that other people want it,if owners gonna keep removing fun vehicles for which THERE IS POINT to farm money,fight and raid bases i will just quit same day.Its like going back to play on console after playing on PC for 10 years
Calm down, I was making a point. I don't mind the vehicles we have, it doesn't bother me. But I have heard people get mad because they finished a mission or was flying with goods and someone killed them. Also say this goes both ways and you aren't going to make everyone happy. People going to complain about getting shot at a mission.......people gonna complain about vehicles killing them.

May 11, 2018
Calm down, I was making a point. I don't mind the vehicles we have, it doesn't bother me. But I have heard people get mad because they finished a mission or was flying with goods and someone killed them. Also say this goes both ways and you aren't going to make everyone happy. People going to complain about getting shot at a mission.......people gonna complain about vehicles killing them.
The problem with having night cycle is some people who only plays at "the night" time will get pissed cause its always night when they join to play, so therefor the only way is through the voting system.

Sep 18, 2018
The problem with having night cycle is some people who only plays at "the night" time will get pissed cause its always night when they join to play, so therefor the only way is through the voting system.
That's why i said switch every restart, so it's only day or night 3 hours at a time. Like i said, can't make everyone happy. That's one thing that's missing from this server.

-=FausT=-

Retired Manager
Retired
Apr 26, 2018
You can post that to suggestions.. I just know that in the past it has led to lower server pop. And Buffed n Merl are really not too keen on it. But I mean if you put it to a vote and there is an overwhelming number of ppl that want it maybe we can implement.

Mr. Nice Guy

Well-Known User
May 11, 2018
On a serious note tho, If you want no bases with LoS for AI bases, there shouldnt be any overlooking spawnpoints either. Its the same concept.

Jul 27, 2018
Don't focus on appealing to new players and bambies. The old ones, the ones who keep grinding throu the day are the ones helping keep Genesis on top. A bambie will join, complain and eventualy leave, he is no use to a server unless he decides to stay for longer. More players - server looks more appealing. Lose the old grinders - lose the constant player count. Less players online - less players to join. Too many servers were abandoned this way, while trying to makeit better for the bambies. All perished. Do not make this mistake. Don't help Arma die quicker than it should.

May 11, 2018
Don't focus on appealing to new players and bambies. The old ones, the ones who keep grinding throu the day are the ones helping keep Genesis on top. A bambie will join, complain and eventualy leave, he is no use to a server unless he decides to stay for longer. More players - server looks more appealing. Lose the old grinders - lose the constant player count. Less players online - less players to join. Too many servers were abandoned this way, while trying to makeit better for the bambies. All perished. Do not make this mistake. Don't help Arma die quicker than it should.
Its too late.server owners already made their decision long time ago