Vote for or against a "Line of sight" rule for all AI Outposts

A rule has been proposed to add a "No line of sight from base" for all AI outposts.

• Yes

Votes: 31 68.9%
  • No

Votes: 14 31.1%

• Total voters
Sep 18, 2018
... Trying again. This is a military server. if you are looking for vehicles with mini guns only, you might as well look somewhere else. It will always have bigger vehicles. What you are seeking is vanilla Epoch, or just vanilla mod.
Once again, I don't mind the overpowered vehicles, new people do. What is going to stop people from sitting in a vehicle near one of the AI camps and wait for someone to complete to only kill them and take the loot?

Mr. Nice Guy

Well-Known User
May 11, 2018
Once again, I don't mind the overpowered vehicles, new people do. What is going to stop people from sitting in a vehicle near one of the AI camps and wait for someone to complete to only kill them and take the loot?
"We should get rid of all the these high powered vehicles and only have the SUV and Blackhawk with M134's as the best vehicles. " you literally wrote this 2 days ago. Im giving up here tho :p

Sep 18, 2018
"We should get rid of all the these high powered vehicles and only have the SUV and Blackhawk with M134's as the best vehicles. " you literally wrote this 2 days ago. Im giving up here tho :p
Both times I was making a point, that you clearly don't get.

Dec 11, 2018
... Trying again. This is a military server. if you are looking for vehicles with mini guns only, you might as well look somewhere else. It will always have bigger vehicles. What you are seeking is vanilla Epoch, or just vanilla mod.
Semi-military is just too broad of a term maybe aircraft carriers should be added as pre-built bases, maybe virtual armory too its hassle to maintain safes.
Server follows some parts of dayz some not so much,
Why do people still spawn with makarov just bump up loadouts,
Why is there faction system when it really doesn't add anything to gameplay,
İs there anyway new player can get armed vehicle even if he find finds abandoned safe with unlimited amount of money,

There is only limited risk for playing high tier vehicles they have (radar,flares) can be resuplied at minimal cost, if you want to destroy them you need to risk losing javelin, stinger, strela, igla launchers which can't be resuplied acquired as easly, high tier vehicles should be removed from virtual garage.
Server encourages combat, meaningful gameplay not soo much.

Mr. Nice Guy

Well-Known User
May 11, 2018
========================

To Nice Guys original point.. And it has been a long time in coming .. hes right about that.. sorry for the delay...

Working on the written rule for this and wording. Also how it will be applied and how we will help and have existing bases moved. And how to punishment should be applied to violators moving forward. I should point out the language of the rule will equally make against the rules sniping from any base to an AI outpost anywhere on the map. Need to put this together bounce it off Jax and we will add the rule likely this weekend.

Thanks for your patience..

So vote for wipe going on atm, any news?

Mr. Nice Guy

Well-Known User
May 11, 2018
Semi-military is just too broad of a term maybe aircraft carriers should be added as pre-built bases, maybe virtual armory too its hassle to maintain safes.
Server follows some parts of dayz some not so much,
Why do people still spawn with makarov just bump up loadouts,
Why is there faction system when it really doesn't add anything to gameplay,
İs there anyway new player can get armed vehicle even if he find finds abandoned safe with unlimited amount of money,

There is only limited risk for playing high tier vehicles they have (radar,flares) can be resuplied at minimal cost, if you want to destroy them you need to risk losing javelin, stinger, strela, igla launchers which can't be resuplied acquired as easly, high tier vehicles should be removed from virtual garage.
Server encourages combat, meaningful gameplay not soo much.

if It stood to me, remove VG completly. - make people build spaces for their vehicles instead. Hes asking for vanilla Epoch vehicles only, and for that he can just look for a standard server instead of a half mili server.

-=FausT=-

Retired Manager
Retired
Apr 26, 2018
Yeah I fell asleep omg I have a beard.. .. and my nails are 5" long.. Did they never implement it? I will chat with Jax tonight bout it..

Unath

Epoch Manager
Manager
Dec 10, 2018
Hi,

Waiting for a reply from Jax which I assume will get replied to within the next 24 hours, which is also the timeframe I have set to implement this rule.

Most likely we will update the rules tomorrow morning and plan on the staff side how we're going to handle excisting bases that will be breaking that same rule when "enabled".

Stay tuned.