Vote for or against a "Line of sight" rule for all AI Outposts

A rule has been proposed to add a "No line of sight from base" for all AI outposts.

• Yes

Votes: 31 68.9%
  • No

Votes: 14 31.1%

• Total voters

Mr. Nice Guy

Well-Known User
May 11, 2018
Howdy Guyz..

Well it looks like we are getting some good feedback on how the community feels about this subject... Thanks for taking the time to express your opinions here. This is the entire purpous of the process.. And to be clear I really have no dog in this fight other then things being fair and promoting balanced game play. Of course keeping in mind it is a Zombie Apocalypse and chaos is going to be a component.

To Instinks point.. Mabye you have not seen many people camping from this position.. but Im sure you have not spent any considerable time monitoring this. And speaking as someone that has..... it is slowly becoming an issue of sorts. Oddly.. and for some considerable time people did not build on the hill quite so much to overlook the Island. And the one's that were there were not so aggressive in camping.. But that has changed.

There are two issues at hand 1. Is it fair that someone sit in there base and knock down most of the AIs from a vast distance / and possible competition on the island. And 2. Is it fair that after spending all of the time and effort required to do 'The island" or any AI outpost.. that somoene just pick you off from their base.. and take the battle spoils for themselves?

And hats off to Ivan who can see beyond his own benefit =)

The poll will run a week or so.. and there is another one running in the admin area to see what staff thinks as well.. Then we will try to make a fair decision based on the results overall.

Thanks again Guyz!

Do we have to wait another month or 2 before this rule is on paper or?

Would be great to have it BEFORE the update to skalisty.

Mr. Nice Guy

Well-Known User
May 11, 2018
I dont see how its crying asking for the rule that was voted for gets added. but then again, my IQ isnt 20. so I wouldnt know. YOu however is crying, because you cant AA all the people that joins the server and tries to do skalisty for the first time, just to get AA by a idiot who built the base AFTER this was voted for.

Sep 18, 2018
You clearly dont know how this game works XD
Still killing people 4.5k+ with mi171 rockets and shooting helis with AA rockets up to 5k easy
I do know how the game works. We should get rid of all the these high powered vehicles and only have the SUV and Blackhawk with M134's as the best vehicles. We should also have a day/night cycle, but people will cry about that too. no matter what you do, people are going to cry about it.

Mr. Nice Guy

Well-Known User
May 11, 2018
What you are asking for is a vanilla days server. Its called Dayz MOD on the launcher. :)
Server is still simi and vehicles are just part of it, sadly AA's too :p

-=FausT=-

Retired Manager
Retired
Apr 26, 2018
Do we have to wait another month or 2 before this rule is on paper or?

Would be great to have it BEFORE the update to skalisty.
========================

To Nice Guys original point.. And it has been a long time in coming .. hes right about that.. sorry for the delay...

Working on the written rule for this and wording. Also how it will be applied and how we will help and have existing bases moved. And how to punishment should be applied to violators moving forward. I should point out the language of the rule will equally make against the rules sniping from any base to an AI outpost anywhere on the map. Need to put this together bounce it off Jax and we will add the rule likely this weekend.

Thanks for your patience..

Mr. Nice Guy

Well-Known User
May 11, 2018
========================

To Nice Guys original point.. And it has been a long time in coming .. hes right about that.. sorry for the delay...

Working on the written rule for this and wording. Also how it will be applied and how we will help and have existing bases moved. And how to punishment should be applied to violators moving forward. I should point out the language of the rule will equally make against the rules sniping from any base to an AI outpost anywhere on the map. Need to put this together bounce it off Jax and we will add the rule likely this weekend.

Just my opinion, but having to block off all AI outpost might delete a lot of decent base spots, or at least decrease it a lot. Only place the problem really is, is skalisty because of the water, you cant defend yourself, while at UN / hippie. you can shoot back way easier. UN can be seen so easily, that A LOT of bases needs to be moved, and a lot of good spots gets deleted. Just my point tho.

Sep 18, 2018
========================

If we are doing this, then can we get rid of some vehicles and look into adding the day/night cycle? People are gonna complain about something no matter what. Just the other night a new guy on the server was talking about how overpowered the server is. For new people it does suck.

Merlijn

Retired Owner
Retired
Apr 28, 2018
If we are doing this, then can we get rid of some vehicles and look into adding the day/night cycle? People are gonna complain about something no matter what. Just the other night a new guy on the server was talking about how overpowered the server is. For new people it does suck.
Things will be changed at update, day night cycle is permanently out of the question

Mr. Nice Guy

Well-Known User
May 11, 2018
You aren't getting the point.

... Trying again. This is a military server. if you are looking for vehicles with mini guns only, you might as well look somewhere else. It will always have bigger vehicles. What you are seeking is vanilla Epoch, or just vanilla mod.